The nanofibrous coatings with the ability to cure the wounds of third-degree burns (Image: Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council)
Iranian researchers succeeded in the production of antibacterial nanofibrous coatings which can cure the wounds of third-degree burns, according to Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council.
The production is taking into consideration the biological and high antimicrobial properties of chitosan and the characteristics of nanofibers, including porosity and 3-dimensional structure.
According to the research, when the nanofibrous coatings are applied on the cuts and deep burns, biochemical signals are formed in order to speed up the treatment, and the wounds are treated faster.
Due to their hydrophilic properties and high porosity, the coatings are able to take out infection and blood from the wound surface. They also provide the required humidity for the faster treatment in the wound surface.
Combination of chitosan and nanofibers
The specific properties caused by the nanometric dimension of the coatings enable the scaffold to form a structure similar to that of the matrix of the skin tissue. Therefore, the nanofibrous coating is able to adsorb fibroblast, as a result, the collagen regeneration and treatment occur at faster speed.
The main characteristic of this research is the combination of the perfect biological properties of chitosan with unique characteristics of nanofibers, and the obtaining of a biocompatible scaffold, which can be used in the treatment of wounds caused by cutting or burns in forms of cell-free scaffold or scaffold with stem cell.
The coating itself has antibacterial properties and contrary to other bandages, it does not need any lotion or antibiotics. It also does not cause immunological or allergic reactions due to the presence of nanomteric fibers made of biocompatible polymer. On the contrary, it suggests to the body that a tissue similar to the original tissue has been placed in the wound, and therefore, it speeds up the creation of the biochemical signals necessary for the treatment of the wounds.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design