The Japan-based Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. has announced that it will invest approximately 40 billion yen to significantly increase the production capacity of its Indonesian subsidiary PT Asahimas Chemical to meet growing demand for chlor-alkali products, such as caustic soda and vinyl chloride, in the Southeast Asia region.
In March 2013, Asahi Glass expanded its annual production capacity for caustic soda to nearly 500,000 tons. Now, the company is planning to further enhance its production facility for caustic soda by 40 percent to about 700,000 tons a year.
The company plans to start operation of the extended facility by the end of 2015.
Caustic soda is used in various water-treatment processes in the textile industry, as well as other industries.
By 2020, the demand for caustic soda is expected to expand by about 50 percent from the present level in the Southeast Asian region, where economies are projected to continue developing.
In Indonesia, where the production capacity is being increased, the demand for caustic soda is expected to grow much faster than the average growth rates in the region.
PT Asahimas Chemical, an Indonesian subsidiary of Asahi Glass, is one of the largest manufacturers of chlor-alkali products in Southeast Asia, conducting integrated production from caustic soda and chlorine to vinyl chloride.
The subsidiary currently accounts for more than 50 percent of Indonesia’s caustic soda market.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design