|(United States Of America)|
ICE cotton futures exploded to the upside this week with the spot December contract advancing 395 points to close at 88.93. New longs entered the market during the rally with the overall open interest rising by over 18k contracts, and specs were on the buy side as per the trader’s commitment report.
The next USDA supply & demand report is scheduled to be released on Monday, which should offer further direction for the market. December is very close to the 90 cent level and further buying interest will push the market above that level with ease.
However, if market fails to advance further, we could see the market dropping with specs getting out of the market by liquidating their longs.
Technically, the market broke out of the wedge pattern.This triggered some buy stops and certainly fueled some of the upside momentum. The trend of a weaker USD and stronger commodities remains in place.
Equity markets remain at the highs of the 52 week range as bond yields drift higher. Demand is very quiet this week with Ramadan holidays taking place. However, with the market this strong, doubt we would see any interest anyway. The market has not been successful breaking the 90 cent level based Z’13 and will be surprised if that changes this time.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design