|(United States Of America)|
The AATCC Foundation, Inc, announces deadlines in September for two programs designed to support students enrolled in university textile programs.
The AATCC Foundation Student Research Support Program, which is supported by the AATCC Foundation, is awarding grants of $500 to $4,000 to encourage student research in textile chemistry and related fields important to the textile sciences. The Research Support Grants are available to both graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in textile programs in US colleges and universities.
The application deadline is September 30, 2013 and grant applications are to be submitted electronically to Dr. Yiqi Yang, chair of the AATCC Foundation Student Research Program.
The application and guidelines for the AATCC Foundation Student Research Support Program are available at the AATCC website, by contacting your AATCC Student Chapter Advisor, or by contacting Dr. Yang.
The AATCC Foundation also announces the deadline for The Nonwovens Institute’s Undergraduate Student Scholarship. Applications for this $2,500 scholarship are due to the AATCC Foundation Inc. by September 4, 2013.
Those interested in applying must be US citizens, or permanent residents who are currently juniors and rising seniors majoring in fiber and polymer sciences, textiles, materials science, paper science, chemical engineering or related disciplines. The purpose is to support undergraduate students interested in pursuing graduate studies in the area of polymers, fibers, or nonwovens. The Nonwovens Institute will also cover travel and accommodations for the scholarship recipient to attend one of the Institute’s bi-annual industrial advisory board (IAB) meetings.
All applicants are required to complete the Nonwovens Institute Scholarship application form, which is available on the AATCC Foundation website, and write a four-to-five page paper on one of the topics provided. The scholarship recipient will be required to attend one of the Nonwoven Institute’s IAB meetings in either May or November.
AATCC, the Association of Textile, Apparel & Materials Professionals, is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921. AATCC, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA, provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for members in about 60 countries throughout the world.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design