(United States Of America)
The imports of textiles and apparel by the United States increased by 2.73 percent year-on-year to $ 48.514 billion during the first six months of the current year, according to the Major Shippers Report, released by the U.S. Department of Customs.
China remained at the top spot accounting for $ 17.909 billion worth of total textile and garment imports made by the US from January to June 2013.
Vietnam and India took the second and third spots, respectively, with $ 4.06 billion and $ 3.206 billion worth of textile and apparel exports to the US, during the six-month period.
In apparel sub-sector, US imported $ 36.451 billion worth of clothing during the period under review, showing a rise of 3.17 percent year-on-year.
While China accounted for $ 12.324 billion worth of garments imported by the US during the period, Vietnam and Bangladesh witnessed a sharp rise in their apparel exports to the US.
Vietnam’s clothing exports to the US surged by 12.54 percent year-on-year to $ 3.712 billion during the first half, while Bangladesh’s garment exports to the US jumped 7.7 percent year-on-year to $ 2.489 billion.
In non-apparel category, India took the second spot after China by exporting $ 1.485 billion worth of textiles to the US during the six-month period, registering a rise of 5.7 percent year-on-year.
Vietnam’s non-apparel exports to the US shot up by 24.93 percent year-on-year to $ 347 million from January to June 2013.
In 2012, the US imported $ 100.931 billion worth of textiles and apparel, with China alone accounting for 40 percent of the same.
Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador are the only countries outside Asia, among the top ten textile and apparel exporters to the US.
(United States Of America)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design