|(United States Of America)|
Emerald Specialties, a business group of Emerald Performance Materials, introduces a breakthrough formaldehyde-free crosslinking resin for jeans production, FREEREZ ZERO Reactant. The new resin is a unique crosslinker exclusively for jeans and denim. Use of FREEREZ ZERO enables manufacturers to offer more environmentally friendly fashion denim products to consumers than conventional low formaldehyde resins.
“As a result of formaldehyde being reclassified in 2011 to a known human carcinogen, there has been a growing concern in the marketplace regarding its use in recent years. In response, many companies have sought to eliminate formaldehyde and formaldehyde-generating ingredients completely from a wide range of consumer products,” said Barry Ferguson, textile sales and marketing manager for Emerald Specialties.
Ferguson added, “There has long been a demand in the textile and apparel industries for a durable resin that combines a formaldehyde-free formula with performance and economy for denim textiles. Prior generations of formaldehyde-free technology fell short in providing an economical solution that met all the performance criteria. As a leader in this technology platform, Emerald has developed a solution that addresses all the key needs of the market – formaldehyde free, economical, excellent processing characteristics and performance to create the desired crinkle effects in today’s designer jeans.”
FREEREZ ZERO is specifically used to create durable effects for dark vintage shade and 3D appearance on jeans. In addition to product trials to confirm FREEREZ ZERO’s superior performance for creating denim effects, skin irritation testing was conducted by WIL Research in accordance with OECD guidelines and classified as non-irritating.
FREEREZ ZERO, exclusively for jeans and denim fabric wet processing, is the newest addition to Emerald’s growing list of FREEREZ glyoxal-based reactants for textile applications, many of which also have very low to no formaldehyde content. FREEREZ resins are used to impart easy-care properties to textiles, including shrinkage control, jeans specialized fashion effects, wrinkle-free and crease-retention performance to cellulosic and cellulosic/synthetic blend materials.
“Initial results from customer trials using FREEREZ ZERO Reactant have been excellent,” Ferguson said. “It was important to be sure this was not only a product that creates a new, low-cost resins category for the jeans producer, but that it also provides a more environmentally friendly product for the ultimate consumer.”
Emerald Performance Materials produces and markets technologically advanced specialty chemicals for a broad range of food and industrial applications. Emerald products play a variety of roles in the products that are consumed and used every day, enabling them to last longer, look, smell, taste or perform better. Emerald products are used in aerospace, food, beverages, cosmetics, toothpaste, household products, paint, tires, automobiles, sports gear and many other applications. Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Emerald has four business groups, eight operations and approximately 750 employees.
Emerald Performance Materials
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design