The government of the southern Indian state of Kerala is planning to increase the sales of Khadi products to Rs. 1 billion in 2013.
Mr. CN Balakrishnan, Minister of the Kerala Khadi and Village Industries Board, announced after inaugurating a new building and commercial center of Khadi Board at the Khadi Tower in the Kaloor region of Kochi, Kerala.
Mr. Balakrishnan said the government will take all possible steps to ensure the welfare of the workers employed under the khadi sector, including minimum wages and security for them, reports The New Indian Express.
The new commercial center includes an exclusive showroom set up at the ground floor of the Khadi Tower, which will offer khadi and silk materials from Kerala, West Bengal and Karnataka.
The showroom renovated at an estimated cost of Rs. 6 million has a floor area of 4,500 square feet and would offer varieties in sarees, shirts and Indian dress materials including silks from Pochampilly, Balkussery, Kantha, Varanasi, Banaras, Jerry Silk, Jute Silk and Payyannur Silk.
Earlier this week, the Onam-Ramzan special sales fair, organized by the Khadi Board, opened with a selection of handmade textiles and handicrafts as well as other products made from Khadi, on which the government offers 30 percent rebates as a boost for the khadi industry.
Puliyilakkara Dhothis, Dhaka Muslin, Kuppadam Dhothis are the highlights of the Kerala Onam-Ramzan khadi fair.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design