Bolivia will be exporting petrochemicals and petrochem products to its neighboring countries such as Argentina, Brazil and Peru.
Bolivia’s state owned petro-chemical company Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales Bolivianos (YPFB) is set to carry out an ambitious petrochemical project, with the help of the Italian group Maire Tecnimont, which would result in increase of exports of petrochemical products from Bolivia.
The venture requires an investment of US$ 1.8 billion and is likely to go operational by the second half of 2017.
The project envisages setting up of an ethylene and polyethylene plant as well as a polypropylene and propylene plant, in Gran Chaco, a province located in the southern region of Tarija in Bolivia, reports los tiempos.
The plants would receive about 750,000 metric tons of ethane and 250,000 tons of propane from the liquid separation plant in Gran Chaco, Bolivia.
The plants are estimated to produce about 800,000 tons of polyolefin polymer-grade, 600,000 tons of polyethylene and 200,000 tons of polypropylene.
The preliminary study of the construction of the plants would be completed by September 2013.
Ethylene and Polyethylene are used as intermediaries to produce polyester fibers for clothing, where as Propylene and Polypropylene are used in textile processing, such as scouring, pretreatment and dyeing.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design