(United States Of America)
Ethanol processed from corn and other plants could serve as the new sustainable raw material for a huge variety of products, including textiles, which are currently made from petrochemical products.
Ethanol which is further processed into ethylene is mostly extracted from petroleum, and scientists have been seeking for alternatives to petroleum for making ethylene which is used in a variety of products, according to an article in the latest issue of the ACS journal, ‘Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research’.
Minhua Zhang and Yingzhe Yu, from the Key Laboratory for Green Chemical Technology of the Ministry of Education, Tianjin University Research and Development Center for Petrochemical Technology, have reviewed progress in the field and found a particular device which has the potential to make a highly pure ethylene product from ethanol with high efficiency and low cost.
The device, called a fluidized bed reactor, works by suspending the chemicals needed to make ethylene inside the walls of a chamber.
The ethylene which is produced in the chamber will exit through a pipe while the rest of the material remains to continue production.
Yingzhe Yu and his team explained that the progress towards the commercial use of the device would help in the manufacturing of various products which require ethylene as feedstock.
Ethylene is typically used as an intermediary for many organic syntheses and is commonly used in producing polyester fibers for textile and clothing industry.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design