The upward trend of cotton quotes in the Brazilian market was halted in the second fortnight of July.
Between July 24-31, the CEPEA/ESALQ Index for cotton type 41-4 dropped 2.1% and closed at 2.0888 real (0.9169 dollar) per pound on July 31. In the accumulated of July, however, there was a slight increase of 0.9%.
Some dealers were more flexible regarding prices. These agents were receiving the contracted product below current quotes; therefore, they offer cotton to the industry at smaller values and/or longer due dates.
Part of companies, in turn, was supplied in late July. As a result, these players were unwilling to close new trades. Many purchasers were expecting more significant price decreases of cotton, as the harvesting advanced.
Producers, in turn, continued focused on the harvesting, cotton ginning and exports. It is worth noting that low temperatures in many Brazilian regions in late July halted the harvesting in some farms.
Center for Advanced Studies on Applied Economics (CEPEA)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design