|(United States Of America)|
ICE cotton futures moved within tight range in thin trading this week as traders remained mostly undecided. The spot December contract settled at 84.98, around the same level where it opened at the beginning of the week.
The general feeling of friendly near term, bearish longer term caused the inversion between December and March contracts to go out to over 200 points during the week. Cert stocks disappeared at a fast pace after continuous de-cert, and by the end of the week, they totaled at 71k bales only, almost non existent comparing to the 600k plus bales of stocks at the beginning of July.
The trend for the economy during the third quarter so far has been friendly commodities and equities as the S&P index broke into all time highs this week over 1700. The S&P is up almost 20% for the year which is the strongest rally we have seen in several years.
The northern hem crop still has a long way to go but after the last two seasons of disappointing results, there is a tendency to be pessimistic.
This could add to the bearish momentum in the 4th quarter if we do get better than expected results. China is still the wild card and will have to see if they support a correction into the low 80’s. For now the range is most likely to hold between 83/86 as we wait for more feedback on the crop.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design