(United States Of America)
Cadence, flow, movement, meter: the concept of rhythm is complex, encompassing the worlds of music, art, speech and literature.
But for Brentano Design Director Iris Wang, it’s also a natural fit for textiles because at its core, rhythm speaks to a language of pattern. “As long as there is pattern, there is rhythm,” Wang says.
With their fall 2013 Rhythm collection, Brentano offers colorful, eco-friendly textiles in playful patterns. The swinging, semi-botanical pattern Bing will keep the beat in interiors that require fabrics that are both fun and functional, and 54” Dizzy delivers smooth lines in the form of an eco-friendly, performance-minded upholstery.
Both use Agion polyester, which is formulated with silver and copper ions to provide antibacterial properties in a more environmentally-friendly manner than other methods. Composed of 100% post-consumer recycled polyester, the fabrics are also finished with GreenShield and certified Cradle to Cradle silver.
Founded in 1990 by Design Director Iris Wang and her husband, President E-Kwan Chen, Brentano has grown from a modest beginning of eight patterns to an internationally represented textile house.
Brentano's fabrics stem from Wang's philosophy of balancing beauty + performance. Their growing collection of eco-fabrics expands this ideology by demanding textiles meet thoroughly researched standards of environmental consciousness while maintaining their beauty.
(United States Of America)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design