The private sector of the Mexican state of Yucatan has exuded confidence in the region, as 10 corporations, domestic and international, plan to inject resources worth 400.7 million pesos (approx. US$ 32 million), to expand and generate higher productivity and generate 5000 new direct jobs over the next three years.
The 10 corporations planning to expand include textiles, aerospace and furniture industries, and these firms would also be eligible for some government incentives.
The president of the Business Coordinating Council (CCE) in Yucatan, Nicolas Madahuar Boehm, said Yucatan has the right conditions to attract investment and that is one of the main reasons the private sector is confident in injecting new capital contributing to stimulate the economy and generate more jobs.
The companies selected Yucatan for further investments because of its reputation for security, sound infrastructure and its access to the sea at the nearby port of Progreso.
Secretary to the Ministry of Economic Development, David Alpizar Carrillo, said the incentives extended to these firms would be from a fund of 18 million pesos from the Ministry of Economic Development, which will be paid in cash to these companies by way of reimbursement for the investments they make.
Some of the textile companies planning to expand are Southeast Twisted Yarns and Fabrics Mayan, Vertical Knits, and Leather Cut and Sew services.
Southeast Twisted Yarns and Fabrics Mayan (Mayan Tejidos), a large scale Mexican manufacturer of henequen fabrics, will invest US$ 16 million and plans to raise the number of employees from the present 1,200 to 2000.
The 10 companies have already signed and delivered formal letters of intent for investment to the government.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design