SNPE SA and Picanol Group have signed on 25 July 2013 a binding agreement for the sale by SNPE SA to the Picanol Group of a stake held by SNPE SA in Tessenderlo Chemie NV, representing 27.6% of the share capital of Tessenderlo Chemie NV for a price per share of EUR 22.
SNPE SA, for 99.9% owned by the French state, has 27.6% or the equivalent of 8,744,069 shares of Tessenderlo Chemie NV. Tessenderlo Chemie NV is a worldwide specialty company, focused on food, agriculture, water management and on valorising bio-residuals. The Tessenderlo group employs about 7,000 people and is a leader in most of its markets, with a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2012. Tessenderlo Chemie NV is listed on NYSE Eurolist by Euronext Brussels (TESB) and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
This transaction is subject to regulatory approval, more in particular competition clearance. The transaction is expected to close at the latest on 8 November 2013. Following the closing of this transaction, SNPE SA will no longer own any share in Tessenderlo Chemie NV.
With the participation in Tessenderlo Chemie NV, the Picanol Group wants to increase the diversity and geographical spread of its activities, in order to better protect itself against the cyclical weaving machine business in which it operates today. Another objective of the participation is to secure a stable shareholding for Tessenderlo Chemie NV and to promote the development of the strategies used by Tessenderlo Chemie NV. With the participation, the Picanol Group is also ensuring the sustainable anchoring of an industrial group in Flanders and Belgium.
In the coming years, the Picanol Group will continue to focus on its strategy of further developing the Weaving Machines and Industries divisions. R&D and product innovation will continue to play a central role in the further development of the high-tech activities of the group.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design