The German Cruise line AIDA Cruises is one of the first cruise lines to start equipping its ships with Cradle to Cradle carpeting from Desso, a leading European carpet and sports pitches manufacturer.
Desso has supplied its Torso 4C's carpet to three AIDA ships: AIDAaura, AIDAcara and AIDAvita. Additionally, Desso has also supplied new Axminster carpet to AIDAaura.
Torso 4C's is a specially designed Cradle to Cradle carpet tile with IMO certificate and is supplied with Desso's Silver Certified EcoBase backing.
Desso's vision is to be one of the world's leading companies making environmentally responsible flooring products that have a positive impact on people's health, wellbeing and the environment. As part of this goal, Desso has been developing Cradle to Cradle products since 2008.
Inspired by nature's continuous cycle, the Cradle to Cradle concept requires companies to use materials and design products in such a way that they will be positive to the environment and human health.
In broad terms, this means using positively defined materials so that the goods can be returned and the materials recycled into new high quality products through two streams: technical or biological. In the former, the materials are fed back into the manufacturing process to make new goods; in the latter, they can go back as a nutrient into the soil.
Torso 4C's is designed with disassembly and recycling in mind and has reached a level where up to 97% of the materials are positively defined1.
Desso will also take back the old carpeting from AIDAaura, so that the carpet can be recycled and used as secondary fuel in the cement industry.
“Desso believes that its commitment to the Cradle to Cradle philosophy and the transition to the circular economy will enable it to become more efficient in the use of natural resources, improve its environmental footprint and develop healthier materials in its products that benefit people and the planet. And I’m delighted to see us beginning to sell our Cradle to Cradle products to the marine sector - it demonstrates that we can combine making compelling products for our customers that also meet our social and environmental goals.”
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design