|(United States Of America)|
Celanese Corporation , a global technology and specialty materials company, reported second quarter 2013 adjusted earnings per share of $1.12 versus $1.14 in the prior quarter.
Second quarter 2013 financial highlights:
-Adjusted earnings per share of $1.12, down $0.02 from the prior quarter
-Segment income margin increased to 22.3 percent in Advanced Engineered Materials, Consumer -Specialties and Industrial Specialties
-Cash on hand increased to $1.1 billion
-Net debt decreased to less than $2.0 billion
-GAAP earnings per share of $0.83, down $0.05 from the prior quarter
-GAAP operating profit of $169 million, down $15 million from the prior quarter
"Celanese's second quarter results reflect the continued success we are having by delivering value-added solutions to our customers in diverse end-use markets and geographic regions as we increased segment income margins to 22.3 percent sequentially in Advanced Engineered Materials, Consumer Specialties and Industrial Specialties.
This success was tempered by lower segment income in Acetyl Intermediates as the economies ofAsia and Europe demonstrated softer conditions than the first quarter and as we executed a number of plant turnarounds," said Mark Rohr, chairman and chief executive officer.
"Celanese continued to deliver good cash flow results in the second quarter and further increased the cash on our balance sheet and reduced net debt to the lowest quarterly level since March 2005. We are well positioned to pursue our balanced cash deployment strategy."
Signed an agreement with Mitsui & Co., Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan, to establish a joint venture for the production of methanol at Celanese's integrated chemical plant in Clear Lake, Texas. The total investment in the facility is estimated to be $800 million.
Celanese's portion of the cash investment is estimated to be $300 million, in addition to previously invested assets at the company's Clear Lake facility. The planned methanol facility will have an annual capacity of 1.3 million tons and is expected to begin operations in mid-2015.
Announced that its board of directors approved a 20 percent increase in the company's Series A Common Stock quarterly cash dividend. The quarterly dividend rate increased to $0.09 from $0.075 per share of Common Stock on a quarterly basis and to $0.36 from $0.30 per share of Common Stock on an annual basis. The new dividend rate began in May 2013.
Click here to view full report
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design