|(United States Of America)|
The FabricLink Network (FLN), focused on some of the most interesting “smart” trends and technologies in textiles, is proud to help introduce this year’s inaugural Industrial Design Center at Summer Market.
This opening day event is an attendee and media kick start, orchestrated to launch four days of discovery, participation and inspiration offered by this new collaboration for the industrial side of design. The area is presented by Outdoor Retailer, with supporting partners, Fabric Link, Promostyl, Mesh01, Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) and Go Engineering.
Introductions by OR Show Director Kenji Haroutunian and orientation with Brian Bednarek of Mesh01 and Kathy Swantko with FabricLink Network will start August 31 at 10:30 a.m. in meeting room 155, Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City followed by espresso bar and light pastries.
The 800 sq. ft. Industrial Design Center will be located within the Design Center (Meeting Room 155: First level, adjacent to Hall 1), previously occupied by the Project OR student design competition. Come see the latest in 3D modeling, new materials for future products, space age textiles and speak with design forecasters.
Show participants will be able to:
- See and use the latest 2D drawing technologies—even participate in fun sketch competitions
- Create, manipulate, and print 3D models using breakthrough tools from the top vendors
- Discover how crowdsourcing and community-based design drive innovation for outdoor brands
- See and touch the innovative materials that are setting new trends in product design and development
- Prepare for new design talent entering the workforce; learn how to keep in-house designers up to speed
“This industry thrives and profits on the conception and creation of adventure-worthy footwear, backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and thousands of innovative accessories,” said Outdoor Group Vice President and OR Show Director Kenji Haroutunian. “The Industrial Design Center, along with our exceptional partners, will bring to life the latest tools, technologies and best practices of outdoor product design for our show participants - definitely a can’t-miss for this summer’s show.”
The Industrial Design Center is possible through partnership and support from the co- creation platform MESH01, the Industrial Designers Society of America and the online textile resource FabricLink Network.
About the FabricLink Network
Kathlyn Swantko, a textile advocate and educator, is president and founder of FabricLink.com and TheTechnicalCenter.com, the on-line textile resources which make up the FabricLink Network.
FabricLink.com (trade-to-consumer) and TheTechnicalCenter.com (trade-to-trade) provides information about new products and marketing opportunities for specialty textiles, textile-based products and services. The two sites offer; valuable content and technical information, news releases on innovations, fabric descriptions, usage and care, supplier history and contacts.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design