(United States Of America)
Atlanta-based company OCI Resources LP, an affiliate of soda ash producer OCI Wyoming, has filed to raise US$115 million through an initial public offering (IPO), according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The newly launched company was formed to operate trona ore mining (a mix of sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and water) and soda ash production business of OCI Wyoming. The company owns 50.5 percent stake in OCI Wyoming.
In textiles industry, soda ash is used in dyeing cotton and other cellulose fibers such as linen, rayon, tencel or hemp, to increase the pH (alkalinity) of the reaction.
In the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), OCI Resources LP planned to enlist its shares in the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol OCIR.
OCI Wyoming, operating its facility at Green River basin since 50 years, is one of the world’s largest producers of soda ash. It operates a trona ore mining operation and soda ash refinery in Wyoming, US.
In the year 2012, OCI Wyoming generated revenue of US$ 462.6 million with a net income of US$ 114 million.
As of March 31, 2013, OCI Wyoming has managed to acquire reserves of approximately 267.1 million short tons of trona which is equivalent to 145.5 million short tons of soda ash.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design