The sixth meeting of the Kyrgyz-Indian intergovernmental commission on trade-economic and scientific-technical cooperation, held in Bishkek, discussed setting up joint ventures in the textile sector.
The Minister of Energy and Industry of Kyrgyzstan, Mr. Osmonbek Artykbev and the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry of India Ms. Dagubati Purandesvari led the delegations of their respective countries at the meeting.
During the session, the Indian side expressed its interest in strengthening cooperation with Kyrgyzstan in the textile industry, including the manufacturing of ready-made garments, artificial fibers and silk, according to the Kyrgyz news agency Kabar.
Both parties agreed to consider the establishment of joint ventures in the textile sector, as well as cooperation in the supply of cashmere strands for Kyrgyz knitting industries.
Kyrgyzstan showed interest in attracting investment, creation of joint enterprises in the textile sector and also proposed technological cooperation in the processing of cotton fiber, cotton yarn and fabrics as well as processing them into semi-finished and finished products.
At present, textile exports from India to Kyrgyzstan accounts up to 50 percent of the total exports from India.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design