South Korea exported textiles worth US$ 2.5 billion in the first six months of the current year, showing a fall of 0.8 percent compared to exports made during the corresponding period of last year, according to the data released by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE).
From January to June 2013, South Korea imported textiles worth US$ 1.5 billion, registering an increase of 1.5 percent over imports made during the same period of last year.
Thus, South Korea’s overall textile trade balance stood positive at US$ 1 billion during the six-month period.
According to MOETI’s materials and parts industry trade figures for the first half of 2013, Korea enjoyed US$ 48.3 billion trade surplus in that sector, posting its best ever six-month performance.
Although textile exports showed a decline during January-June 2013, the overall exports in parts and materials industry rose 5.2 percent year-on-year.
In 2012, South Korea achieved textile trade surplus of US$ 2 billion. The country earned US$ 4.9 billion in exports, while it imported textiles worth US$ 2.9 billion.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design