Once again merchants reported on a relatively quiet week which was mainly shaped by selective enquiries.
Nevertheless some cotton contracts were additionally closed with Euro purchasers due to the exchange rate which had developed slightly favourable to them since the middle of the reporting week. A good portion of contracts focussed on delivery dates right after the company holidays.
The following contracts were closed:
Medium staple cotton: Cotton from Brazil, Argentina, East and West Africa as well as Central Asia was sold for prompt delivery. East African cotton was also ordered for delivery at the end of the 3rd up to beginning of the 4th quarter 2013 and Central Asian descriptions (partly high grades) for the 4th quarter 2013 as well.
Long and Extra-long staple cotton: Sudan Barakat was traded for prompt delivery, California Acala SJV for prompt as well as for dates up to the beginning of the 4th quarter 2013. US-Pima was contracted for delivery at the end of the 3rd up to beginning of the 4th quarter 2013.
Bremen Cotton Market
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design