The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex), one of the leading garment and textile exporters in the world, has increased its search for a strategic partner.
Several investors from foreign countries have expressed their keenness to become a strategic partner with Vinatex, but the company is yet to choose a satisfactory partner, Vinatex deputy general director Le Tien Truong has said.
Mr. Truong was speaking at a conference to review January-June 2013 results and targets for 2013, Viet Nam News reported.
He informed that the company has completed the necessary procedures for launching an initial public offering (IPO) in the fourth quarter of 2013, and was waiting an approval from the Government.
Besides catering to the domestic market, Vinatex exports its garments and textiles to the US, the EU, Japan, South Korea and China.
Vinatex has set an export target of US$ 19.5 billion for 2013, which would be an increase of 13.4 percent over last year’s export figures.
Meanwhile, Vinatex has started carrying out a feasibility study report to grow cotton in the central province of Quang Tri, in response to the growing demand for cotton in the country’s garment and textile manufacturing sector.
Vietnam depends to a great extent on raw material imports for its textile industry, and hence in recent months, experts have suggested that the country should strive at becoming self-sufficient in raw material production.
Vietnam’s garment and textile exports are likely to get a boost once the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement, for which negotiations are currently going on, is concluded.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design