Facing the upcoming and partly already started company holidays in the spinning industry, traders could only sell small amounts of cotton during the reported week.
Several inquiries for medium staple cotton did not lead to closed contracts since some varieties were only limitedly available and the price ideas were diverging too far.
Traders reported as well that the Far East business has recorded a downward trend, too, due to the beginning Ramadan.
The following contracts were closed:
Medium staple cotton: Argentine cotton and the new Greek crop was traded for prompt delivery.
Long and Extra-long staple cotton: Spanish extra-long staple cotton as well as US-Pima was ordered for prompt delivery, Egyptian Giza 88 for the 3rd quarter 2013, Sudan Barakat for the 4th quarter 2013 and Israel Acalpi for the 4th quarter 2013.
Bremen Cotton Market
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design