|(United States Of America)|
Jean Herman combines expert textile collage artistry with an inspired search for meaning by studying people and their landscapes to portray various traditions and belief systems. Denver-area residents can view her textile collage art collection from July 19 through August 10 at aBuzz Gallery, located at 3340 Walnut Street in Denver’s RiNo Art District.
ABuzz is RiNo’s newest gallery, now open for First Fridays and Third Fridays. Herman, who has developed her own unique style of fiber art that incorporates drawing, painting and stitching on fabric, chose aBuzz because it is opening the Denver market to upcoming artists who use innovative mediums.
While conducting a tour of her work, Herman will discuss her creative voice, her technique and her development of a piece of artwork, from first idea to final product.
In her pieces, Herman incorporates various media and techniques, including textile art, stitching, drawing, painting, monotypes and collage, to capture ideas, visions and concepts. Herman explains that, “I use fabric, texture, stitching, patterns and color to explore the human form that is always in search of beauty and meaning.”
In her creative process, Herman uses an air pen to draw figures spontaneously on fabric, which allows her to respond to each figure uniquely. Once pleased with the drawing, she then begins to build a textile collage that enhances the story of the figures.
Building appreciation for how the eternal “search for meaning” might be answered, Herman aims to create an emotional response to her art and open viewers’ eyes to possibilities.
About Jean Herman
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design