The production of textiles decreased by 4.6 percent year-on-year, while those of apparels declined by 2.53 percent year-on-year during the first five months of the current year, according to the data released by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE).
In May 2013, Brazil’s textile industry production fell by 4.5 percent year-on-year and 1.1 percent on a month-on-month basis.
In the clothing segment, the industrial output dipped 5.2 percent year-on-year and 4.9 percent month-on-month in May 2013.
Meanwhile, from January to May 2013, textiles (excluding cotton) and apparel exports from Brazil grew by 6.05 percent year-on-year in value in terms of US dollars, according to the latest data.
Textiles and garment imports by Brazil increased by 4.7 percent year-on-year during the five-month period, with only apparel category showing a rise of 7.7 percent year-on-year in value of exports.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design