The second Roundtable of textiles and clothing business, organized by La Cámara de Exportadores de La Paz (CAMEX or the Chamber of Exporters of La Paz), has resulted in business intentions of over 3 million boliviano.
The conference was attended by 60 companies, both producers and buyers, Bolivian newspaper Jornada reported.
The idea behind organizing the roundtable was to have a meeting point for producers and buyers, as it is not easy for a producer to get a buyer and at the same time it is difficult for customers to find a producer who makes what they need, Larry Serrate, president of CAMEX-La Paz said.
Textiles and apparel sector generates 7,500 direct jobs and 36,000 indirect jobs in the city of La Paz, according to CAMEX.
The first roundtable held last year generated business of B 3.36 million.
The roundtables boost domestic textile and apparel sectors, Mr. Serrate said.
La Paz is a major textile and apparel hub in Bolivia and the Department of La Paz accounted for 86 percent of Bolivia’s overall textile and apparel exports during the first three months of the current year, according to ‘Bolivia: Textiles & Apparel Foreign Trade’ report published by the Bolivian Institute of Foreign Trade (IBCE).
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design