The exports of handicrafts from Iran touched US$ 733 million during the last Iranian calendar year that ended on March 20, 2013, according to Iran’s Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handicrafts Organization (CHTHO).
The countries in the Persian Gulf were the main buyers of Iranian handicrafts during the year, followed by countries in Europe, North Africa and East Asia, CHTHO deputy head Yahya Rahmati said, according to a Fars News Agency report.
Mr. Rahmati urged Iranian handicraft exporters to further explore European markets and promote Iranian handicrafts in European countries.
Although Iran’s handicrafts industry includes a wide range of items, the most popular are the Persian Carpets, which are known for their unique designs and high quality.
Iran ships carpets to over 100 countries and hand-woven carpets to over 50 countries including Japan, Germany and Italy.
Finding it roots in ancient Persia, carpet weaving is recognized as one of the most eminent expression of Persian art and culture.
Around 1.2 million weavers in Iran each year produce around five million square metres of carpets to cater to domestic and international market. 80 percent of the carpets produced in Iran are shipped to foreign countries.
Earlier this year, Mr. Rahmati said Iran’s handicraft exports for the current Iranian calendar year that started on March 21, 2013, is estimated to cross US$ 1 billion.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design