Jharkhand State Khadi and Village Industries Board has extended an assurance that the Khadi Park being set up in Aamda village of Kharsawan district of Jharkhand state in India would be ready by next year.
Speaking at a banker’s meet on Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme in Jamshedpur, the Board Chairman Jainandu said the park with a proposed outlay of Rs. 50 million shall be ready by March next year, The Telegraph reported.
The park spanning on an area of two acres would serve as a one-stop khadi hub. It would prove to be an integrated park undertaking all activities ranging from raw material processing, washing and dyeing, designing, cutting and stitching to branding and packaging for khadi garments. Also, there would be a special store which would sell the khadi apparels produced within the park.
The park would extend entrepreneurial opportunities for over 500 villagers from the region. It would also house special training centers and housing accommodation facilities for artisans.
The Board is planning to frequently host rural fairs to further direct sales opportunities to artisans, Mr. Jainandu said.
The initial investment for the said park at the time of its launch in September 2011 was pegged at Rs. 10 million.
According to a Jharkhand Department of Industries report published earlier this year, the other projects that the state government is working on includes a mega handloom cluster at Godda in Santhal Pargana, a silk park at Ranchi, and a khadi park at Deoghar.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design