The regional government of Peru’s southeastern province of Puno will invest approximately US$ 28.7 million over the next six years for improving the alpaca production chain.
Puno’s regional Governor Mauricio Rodriguez said there are over 11,000 alpaca herder families spread across 55 districts in the province, and the new program would help them in improving alpaca fibre quality as well as production, andina reported.
In addition to obtaining high-quality alpaca fibre for export, the project includes a US$ 1.7 million technical assistance for imparting fashion design of alpaca products, which have high demand, the Governor said.
Mr. Rodriguez said that a Puno producer bagged alpaca wool clothing orders worth more than US$ 300,000 at the Peru Fashion Fair Peru Moda held in April this year.
The Puno government would establish a breeding centre aimed at genetic improvement of alpaca, during the first two years of the project’s operation, he added.
Subsequently, the government would work with the alpaca fibre storage centres to enhance their commercial value by offering value-added products.
Puno province is known for alpacas which graze on the region’s immense plateaus and plains.
In recent years, there has been a 50 percent increase in exports of alpaca garments from Puno province, according to the Institute of Production Technology.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design