The Leverkusen BayArena – home stadium of the Bayer 04 soccer team – was transformed into a sea of green and blue. The climax of the afternoon event held to celebrate Bayer's foundation 150 years ago was when more than 30,000 employees, family members and retirees formed the largest-ever human Bayer cross.
"We're extremely proud of our employees. It is to their know-how, passion and commitment that we owe this great company," said Dr. Marijn Dekkers, Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer AG. "Today's celebration was a 'thank you' to all our employees and their families."
Participants were treated to a two-and-a-half-hour program that included performances by drummers, acrobats and comedians. The entire event was moderated by TV presenter and Bayer athlete Anke Feller, stadium announcer Klaus Schenkmann and comedian Guido Cantz. The motto of the day was "We are Bayer".
Among the highlights of the show were the parts where the audience joined in, for example to form the largest choir in Bayer's history – with everyone in the stadium singing the anniversary song "A Better Life" together with those who had entered the anniversary music competition. The grand finale was an appearance by star violinist David Garrett accompanied by the Bayer Philharmonic Orchestra.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design