|(United States Of America)|
Eastman Chemical Company broke ground on a capacity increase for its Therminol heat transfer fluids.
The plant expansion, located in Newport, Wales, will be a new manufacturing facility capable of producing Therminol 66 and other biphenyl based co-products. The facility is expected to be operational in the second half of 2014 and will increase Eastman’s total capacity for Therminol 66 by more than 50 percent.
“This expansion positions Eastman to meet the needs of heat transfer fluid customers with our flagship Therminol 66 product,” said Ravi Prakash, global business director of the specialty fluids business in Eastman’s Specialty Fluids and Intermediates segment.
“We are committed to helping our customers meet demand by providing a reliable supply of Therminol 66. This investment is consistent with our vision to remain the global leader in high temperature heat transfer fluids.”
Therminol heat transfer fluids are synthetic fluids used for indirect heating and cooling of chemical processes. These fluids may also be used in consumable products, as raw materials, or as process solvents in chemical applications where high boiling point, low vapor pressure, and thermal stability attributes are needed. Therminol 66 is the fluid of choice in high temperature applications and serves a diverse set of end markets, such as oil and gas, polymers, waste heat recovery, and many others.
Eastman is the world leader in synthetic high temperature heat transfer fluids, providing more than 50 years of excellence in technical support, customer service, performance and innovation.
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design