|(United States Of America)|
ICE Cotton closed nearly unchanged on the week with the Z3 contract now making up more than 90% of cotton open interest.
In cotton itself it was a rather quiet week, with the squeeze of a few weeks ago all but forgotten and the US situation looking less explosive than before.
Tight carry-out was priced into the market forcing sales to slow as much as they needed to, and shipments this week were low enough that the USDA’s recent cut to 3.6m bales carry-out may need to be partly reversed to 3.7m or 3.8m bales.
The Indian monsoon is progressing well, and NASS Acreage report was a non-event (outside of any impact from the grains), with the 13.25m acre planted area figure being squarely within expectations.
In the macro markets, China’s surging money market rates finally caused alarm in global markets as the PBoC tried to prick a mini-bubble before it got bigger. The methods and communication were crude, but the goal and timing were necessary.
And while the market seems to believe the government has the situation under control, they are in dangerous territory as allowing a shock to a prime interest rate could cause a loss in confidence that is hard to temper.
In the US, Fed officials tried to talk back surging bond yields and falling equities and seemed to have some success by week end. Commodities in general have softened as investors pull back, which should create some longer-term buying opportunities in coming months.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design