The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) is carrying out a feasibility study report to grow cotton in the central province of Quang Tri.
The company has set a target of planting cotton on 10,000 hectares of land in Quang Tri by 2015, according to a Viet Nam News report.
Initially, the group is planning to sow cotton on 2,000 hectares of field in Trieu Phong district in 2013-14 season.
The plan to grow cotton is in response to the growing demand for cotton in the country’s textile manufacturing sector.
Meanwhile, the provincial Department of Planning and Investment and other departments are helping Vinatex in carrying out its feasibility study on cotton growing project.
The administration has allocated land to Vinatex for a trial plantation in Trieu Phong district and the Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, and Natural Resources and Environment would be working along with the district People’s Committee on the trial cotton plantation.
Vietnam has set a target of around US$ 19 billion in textile and garment exports this year, compared to US$ 17.2 billion achieved in 2012.
Vietnam depends to a great extent on raw material imports for its textile industry, and hence in recent months, experts have suggested that the country should strive at becoming self-sufficient in raw material production.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design