Silk Digital Printing Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Wensli Group is likely to put its 9 million sq m digital printing silk fabric project into operation by June 2014.
Once the project at Wensli Xiasha silk industry park goes operational, it is expected to generate an annual sales income of 450 million yuan.
Wensli Group general manager Yu Wei Jie told reporters that the work for setting up the digital printing silk fabric project started around a year ago.
The digital printing machines with Wensli at present do not have high work efficiency and print only 50 metres of silk fabric per hour. In order to meet the demand, the company has to outsource some printing work to other factories, but it may result in poor color fastness or wrong colour versions and other problems. It would also increase the silk production cycle by 7-10 days.
The newly acquired domestic digital printing machine, together with Wensli patent ink and printhead technology, can print 200 metres of silk fabric per hour. In addition to increasing production efficiency, the new machine also saves a lot of energy compared to traditional printing technologies, which will save lot of costs.
Compared to traditional printing and dyeing technologies, the new machine reduces dye consumption by 30 percent, water consumption by 85 percent, and power consumption by 45 percent.
In some foreign markets, the demand for silk printed fabric is relatively large, but due to its limited production capacity the firm is currently not able to accept all orders, and once the new digital printing fabric project becomes operational, such issues will be resolved, Yu Wei Jie said.
The demand for silk printed fabrics is likely to grow in future as such fabrics would be used in custom clothing, soft furnishings and other silk products.
Wensli will use 60 percent of the production at the new unit for making its own silk products, and the remaining 40 percent will be exported.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design