Association of Textile Entrepreneurs of Valencia (Ateval), in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy and Industry, has sent a trade delegation to Mexico to explore opportunities for export of home textiles.
The delegation comprising of representatives of nine Valencian textile firms, including Jover Fransisco SA and Visatex Textiles SL, is expected to meet potential buyers, importers, distributors and specialist chains during their four-day visit ending June 28, 2013.
Tariff reduction and improved access for Spanish products to the Mexican market, following the Mexico-EU agreement provides good opportunity for Spanish textile firms to access the Mexican market.
Secondly, Mexico has signed free trade agreements (FTAs) with several countries and hence it provides a good platform to reach to other countries of the world, especially to the US and Latin American countries.
The growth in residential areas and large presence of Spanish hotel groups in Mexico provide a good scope for Valencian home textiles in Mexican market, according to Ateval.
Mexico was the eighth largest destination for Valencian exports outside the EU in 2012. During the year, Valencia exported home textiles worth €2.2 million to Mexico, registering a year-on-year rise of 7.6 percent.
Curtain fabric and drapes are among the home textile items that are in demand in the Mexican market.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design