Rosneft and SANORS petrochemical holding company signed Heads of Agreement (HoA), under which the parties intend to create a joint venture that will incorporate Rosneft’s gas processing assets and SANORS’ petrochemical assets in Orenburg and Samara regions.
It is expected that Rosneft’s stake in JV will be no less than 50%, while Sanors’ stake will not exceed 50%.
The HoA was signed by Rosneft President and Chairman of the Management Board Igor Sechin and SamaraNefteOrgSintez’ President Igor Soglayev in presence of Samara Governor Nikolay Merkushkin during St Petersburg International Economic Forum.
Objectives, for which a joint venture will be created, and its future development strategy provide for construction of a brand new world class petrochemical complex in Samara region. It is planned that the complex will be focused on import substitution and meeting growing domestic demand for key polymers and other chemicals able to meet market competition in terms of quality and technologies.
Future implementation of the HoA predetermines deep integration of Rosneft’s oil and gas production and refining facilities with SANORS’ existing and greenfield petrochemical producing units.
The parties plan to further negotiate formation of the joint venture and sign binding documents by the end of 2013.
Rosneft, the largest publicly traded oil and gas company in the world in terms of production and reserves, runs powerful and state-of-the-art oil and gas production, oil and gas processing units, its own retail chain and scientific divisions in Samara and Orenburg regions.
SANORS petrochemical holding company – SamaraNefteOrgSintez asset management company (Novokuibyshevsk) was founded in 2011 from a merger of SamaraOrgsintez, Neftekhimia and Novokuibyshevsk Petrochemical Company. In 2012, the holding company incorporated NK TPP-2. SANORS produces a wide variety of petrochemical products, such as phenol, acetone, alpha-methyl-styrene, ethylene, synthetic ethanol, alkylphenols, etc.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design