The government of the southern Indian state of Karnataka is set to establish a textile park in Gurmitkal area of Yadgir district, which has been identified as one of the backward districts of the state by the Nanjundappa Committee.
The proposed park would be set up on 1,000 acres of land of the 3,300 acres acquired by the state government for development of district, Karnataka Minister for Textiles and Ports Baburao Chinchanasur told reporters.
Proximity of Krishna and Bheema rivers to the proposed project site would also help in expediting the launch of the project, the Minister said.
In connection with the Nanjundappa Committee’s recommendations to the state government to develop the backward regions, the Minister noted that the project conceived by the ruling government would contribute to development of the region.
The textile park would not only ease the troubles of youth and weavers in the region and nearby areas, who need to migrate in search of jobs, but would also prove helpful in ensuring a better living for cotton growers of the region and around, the Minister said.
Once operational, the textile park would procure cotton from farmers in Mumbai-Karnataka and Hyderabad-Karnataka regions, like Raichur, for using the same as raw material. Likewise, the finished goods produced at the park would extend several direct and indirect livelihood opportunities for the youth in the region, the Minister said.
At an earlier occasion, the Minister said that the state government is also planning to set up several wool mills near the proposed park, to help sheep farmers in the region get a market for their products.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design