|(United States Of America)|
Purthread Technologies, a life science and performance fabric firm dedicated to developing textiles to reduce bioburden in the healthcare environment, has been awarded the 2013 American Technology Award in Advanced or Technology Manufacturing by the TechAmerica Foundation at a gala event last Thursday, June 20, 2013, in Washington, D.C. The American Technology Awards recognize the best products and services from across the technology industry, as evaluated by industry experts and technology leaders.
"We congratulate PurThread for their outstanding work and their commitment to innovation," said Shawn Osborne, the TechAmerica Foundation Chairman. "They were outstanding in their category, which included tremendous innovations. We thank them for their contribution to the growth and innovation of our vibrant industry."
PurThread's category win singled out excellence in a product or service dedicated to the integration of technology in the manufacturing process. It is particularly focused on the rapid transfer of science and technology into manufacturing products and processes. PurThread's innovative process embeds antimicrobial properties into raw textile materials, before the fabric material is spun into yarn and woven into textiles. This ensures the effects of the PurThread active ingredient will not wash off or wear out over time. Currently, PurThread develops scrubs, lab coats, privacy curtains and linens with antimicrobial properties, as well as base layers and polo shirts.
"We're thrilled to have our antimicrobial technology recognized with this American Technology Award," said Bill O'Neill, PurThread VP of Infection Control Applications. "While our technology protects fabrics from bacteria and other organisms, our goal is always to develop products that improve the patient environment. This award affirms that PurThread is on the right track. "
The winners were announced last Thursday at the Technology and Government gala dinner at the Ronald Reagan Building inWashington D.C. Hundreds of industry and government leaders attended this premier technology networking event.
About the TechAmerica Foundation
The TechAmerica Foundation educates industry executives, policy makers and opinion leaders on the promise of technological innovation to advance prosperity, security and the general welfare. Launched in 1981, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan affiliate of TechAmerica, which is the leading voice and resource for the U.S. technology industry.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design