Raymond, an Indian firm that specializes in suiting and shirting, has opened its store in Karachi, the financial hub of neighbouring Pakistan.
The opening of Raymond outlet in Pakistan may pave way for more Indian brands to open their shops in Pakistani market, according to Najmus Saqib, a director of NexSource, which has acquired the rights to run the Raymond shop in Pakistan.
Mr. Saqib said he sees the opening of a Raymond outlet as a small step towards more free trade between the two neighbours, Business Standard reported quoting PTI.
The opening of the Raymond outlet in Karachi was a positive sign for trade and business between the two nations, according to Amin Hashwani, president of the Pakistan India Business Forum.
He said the opening of outlets by Indian brands should not come as a surprise as Indian films are very popular in Karachi.
Raymond already has around 40 international outlets and NexSource is planning to open Raymond shops in Islamabad, Faisalabad and Lahore by 2013-end.
With over 60% market share in India, Raymond Ltd. is one of the largest integrated manufacturer of worsted fabric in the world.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design