Spanish textile and clothing exports surged 32.3 percent year-on-year in April 2013, compared to overall 18.6 percent growth in total exports made by Spain during the month.
Spain’s textile and garment imports grew by 20.2 percent year-on-year during the month, according to the data released by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
Spain exported €997.4 million worth of textiles and apparel in April 2013, while the country imported €1.118 billion worth of textiles and clothing during the month, thus recording an €120.7 million external deficit for the sector, which is a fall of 31.6 percent year-on-year.
Among exports, clothing segment fetched €690.2 million, up 40.1 percent year-on-year.
Spanish textile and garment imports too grew at a faster pace than the 7.2 percent year-on-year growth witnessed in Spanish industrial imports.
From January to April 2013, Spanish textile exports grew by 13.9 percent year-on-year, while apparel exports rose by 18.9 percent y-o-y.
In the first four months of the current year, Spain imported €4.687 billion worth of textiles and garments, up 6.8 percent y-o-y.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design