|(United States Of America)|
OMNOVA Solutions announced a new business group management structure within its Performance Chemicals segment with the objective of more effectively leveraging its extensive technology and product capabilities and global infrastructure for stronger, more sustainable global growth.
As part of the new structure, Specialty Chemicals will include three globally-managed business groups that represent high growth market opportunities for the Company. The three business groups are Oilfield Solutions, Coating Specialties and Specialty Ingredients. The global Paper and Carpet business has been renamed Performance Materials and will be more broadly focused on higher growth packaging and specialty paper applications.
"This new structure better reflects the global company OMNOVA has become, and allows the Performance Chemicals segment to more readily deploy our growth strategies and mobilize resources worldwide to serve our customers," said Jim Hohman, President, Performance Chemicals.
Oilfield Solutions, led by Jeff Chaapel, General Manager, will build upon the Company's strong position in technologies for oil and gas drilling fluids and well cementing applications. In addition, OMNOVA will look to extend its differentiated chemistries into exciting new applications for the oilfield market. Jeff Chaapel recently joined OMNOVA Solutions with nearly 20 years experience in drilling chemicals and production.
Coating Specialties, led by Rick Sandford, General Manager, will leverage OMNOVA's strong brands and deep history in coating resins for architectural/infrastructure applications, as well as other high performance applications such as in-mold coatings used in compression molded composites. In addition, this business group will continue to develop value-added solutions for the home and personal care market, such as floorcare polymers and opacifiers used in soaps and cosmetics.
Specialty Ingredients, led by Frank Nataro, General Manager, will focus on new growth options for existing and adjacent global markets and capabilities, including polymers used in durable and consumable nonwovens, tape and adhesive systems, fabric reinforcement for tires and other rubber goods, molded rubber components, elastomeric modification, and stabilizer systems for ABS, PVC and natural and synthetic latices.
OMNOVA's Paper and Carpet business has been renamed Performance Materials, and will continue to be led by Robin McCann, General Manager. This global business will be more broadly focused on higher growth packaging and specialty paper applications.
OMNOVA Solutions Inc. is a technology-based company with 2012 sales of $1.1 billion and a global workforce of approximately 2,400. OMNOVA is an innovator of emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and functional and decorative surfaces for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential end uses.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design