|(United States Of America)|
Polymer Group, Inc., (PGI) announced that J. Joel Hackney, Jr. will join PGI as chief executive officer, and a member of the board of directors, effective June 19, 2013.
Hackney will succeed Veronica "Ronee" Hagen, who will be retiring after assisting in the leadership transition. Hagen will continue to serve as a member of the board of directors.
Mike Zafirovski, chairman of PGI's board of directors, said, "Joel is a talented, seasoned global business leader who is well prepared to boldly move the company to a new level. PGI has a solid strategic direction for continued global leadership, and I am confident Joel will be able to build on the company's momentum."
Zafirovski added, "Ronee's retirement is a tribute to her contributions at PGI and the other companies she has served over her 31 distinguished years in business. I worked closely with Ronee and Blackstone on a succession plan that met her retirement objectives while providing PGI with the best possible next leader. PGI is a better company as a result of her leadership and we thank her for her stewardship and commitment to a smooth transition."
Hackney, 44, has held varied global executive roles with General Electric, Nortel and Avaya. He was most recently senior vice president and general manager of Cloud Solutions for Avaya, a global IT and communications leader, where he led the company's transformation into a leader in cloud-based solutions. Prior to leading Avaya's fastest growing business unit, Hackney was senior vice president of Avaya worldwide sales, marketing and field operations.
Before Avaya, Hackney served as president of Nortel's enterprise solutions unit and also its senior vice president of global operations and quality. Prior to this, Hackney was a member of the senior executive team within General Electric, where he had a 14-year career leading varied businesses and functions in the U.S. and Europe. He holds a B.S. degree in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
"I am excited to join PGI employees in our mission for a safer, cleaner, and healthier world. My expectation is to join a team focused on working smart, hard and together," Hackney said. "On a personal level, my family and I look forward to moving to theCharlotte area and contributing to the community."
Hagen, 67, joined PGI in 2007 and has served as the company's CEO since that time. "I believe it's the right time now for me to hand off leadership of the company," Hagen said. "But I remain invested in PGI and I am confident in a very bright future for the company."
"Ronee's leadership legacy has set the strategic direction for PGI that will enable the company to continue to grow and thrive as the leading provider of quality nonwovens to customers worldwide," said Anjan Mukherjee, senior managing director in the private equity group at Blackstone and a member of PGI's board of directors. "We are grateful for her dedicated service to the company, its employees, customers and shareholders."
"We are pleased that Joel will join PGI as the company's next CEO," Mukherjee added. "It will be a smooth leadership transition utilizing Joel's valuable experience in leading global businesses to higher levels of performance and success."
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design