Sensient Imaging Technologies SA, a business unit of Sensient Technologies Corporation, announces the ElvaJet Alpha platform: a unique method of digital printing directly onto polyester fabric, based on breakthrough, innovative water-based inks.
Sensient’s ElvaJet Alpha represents a major innovation in sustainability that reduces the environmental impact of textile printing without compromising on the quality of the printed product. The inks developed under this platform offer superior color vibrancy and through print. ElvaJet Alpha inks can be applied directly onto virtually any polyester textile, being fixed only with dry heat.
With the use of ElvaJet Alpha inks, there is no washing or other finishing step needed. The inks used under ElvaJet Alpha meet and exceed the high demands of the fashion industry with excellent print quality, consistent and vibrant colour intensity as well as good resistance and wash fastness.
Most importantly, the inks offer a deep penetration and an impressive through printing to the reverse side of the fabric with seamless color levels unmatched by current alternative ink systems.
Production trials with ElvaJet Alpha have demonstrated significant improvements in sustainability and environmental impact. Printing with ElvaJet Alpha inks uses as little as 1 litre of water per linear meter compared to 50-100 litres necessary with other printing methods. Savings on energy in excess of 50% have also been demonstrated, while CO2 emissions were reduced by up to 90%.
The inks developed under ElvaJet Alpha were first pioneered at Miroglio Textiles as the key colouring ingredient in their E.Volution platform launched last February at Premiere Vision in Paris. Miroglio Textiles, based in Alba, Italy, is one of the leading manufacturers of fashion textiles and has become Sensient’s partner in the fashion textile field.
At FESPA 2013 (25-29th June, London, England), Sensient will showcase a range of commercial garments from Miroglio’s Motivi fashion brand, demonstrating the commercial reality of ElvaJet Alpha in the marketplace.
ABOUT SENSIENT IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES S.A.
Sensient Imaging Technologies S.A. is a business unit of Sensient Technologies Corporation, a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances. Sensient Imaging Technologies S.A. is a leading supplier of inkjet inks for digital textile, industrial digital and sublimation printing.
The ElvaJet family of products and its value-enhancing approach to industrial digital printing are inks with proven performance in industrial digital printing. Optimize your production processes through Visual Excellence , Increased Productivity - Total Reliability – Eco Sustainability – the true water borne solution. Through years of experience and knowledge within the textile printing industry, the Sensient product range of traditional to digital inks and colors exemplifies excellence.
Sensient Imaging Technologies
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design