India’s textile industry is rich in tradition and every region has its own specialities. Every area of the country has its own characteristic textile products and typical garment styles. But they all have one thing in common - a love of the sari.
This cultural and historic garment is and will continue to be popular – not least because its appearance is constantly being influenced by modern lifestyles.
When buying a sari, the most important feature is its design. The more traditional patterns are constantly being complemented by modern designs – under the influence of new fashion trends and changing market demands. The move towards greater variety and more stylish designs has been promoted by recent innovations in textile and machine technology.
One of the trend-setters in this area is KARL MAYER. With its FL 20/16 raschel machine, this German machinery manufacturer has made the one-step production of large-format textiles possible, and has extended the range of patterns that can be produced at the same time. Patterns with embroidery-like effects can be produced easily and efficiently, as well as various fabric grounds and coloured effects.
The model shown here is just one of the examples of the design potential offered by the Fascination Lace machine. This sari is part of the collection with which KARL MAYER created quite a stir at the India ITME exhibition last December.
This attractive garment features a bold array of patterns comprising large flowers and chunky, wavy gold chains on a delicate ground in a rich colour of green. The entire piece, apart from the hems, was produced as an all-over design on the FL 20/16.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design