The Coir Board, functioning under the Government of India, has implemented a new marketing strategy to increase sales.
As per the new strategy, the Board would be appointing stockists, franchisees and agents across the country.
Through the new scheme, the Board is eyeing a turnover of Rs. 1 billion in domestic sales, Coir Board chairman G Balachandran said in a press release.
During 2012-13, the sales turnover of coir products from the board showrooms and sales depots was about Rs. 210 million, the statement said.
Under the new scheme, the Board has appointed Alleppey-based Eastern Rug Mills as Zonal Distributor for the states of Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Goa.
The new scheme also envisages display of coir and coir products in small shops and furniture shops.
During the 12th Five-Year Plan (2012-17) period, the Board has set a target of achieving Rs. 30 billion in sales turnover in the domestic market.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design