Nylstar, one of the leading providers of Polyamide 6.6 filaments and yarns will be presenting at Techtextil this year Meryl Warm and Meryl Cool together with Litrax’s L2 Warming and L5 Cooling additives.
Coproduced with Litrax Warming Technology L2, awarded as one of the “Top 5 Fiber Innovations” at ISPO Munich 2013, Meryl Warm is estimated to create rapid thermal insulation, heat storage and re-emission. L5 additives, on the other hand are expected to produce a cold effect on fabrics and garments.
Blended with Polyamide 6.6 filaments, additional features are expected to be obtained, such as superior moisture management, odor reduction, UV protection or bacteriostatic functions. These new products have been thought for high performance sportswear, sleepwear, workwear, garments, or underwear.
Both Meryl Warm and Meryl Cool are in its development stage and Nylstar is very optimistic with the initial results. “We are thrilled with this partnership with Litrax, that reinforces our company’s commitment with innovation and further developments in nanotechnology”, says Montse Figueras, Product Development Director. “We hope that we will officially launch these new products in Intertextile Shanghai later this year”, she adds.
Nylgold, Fibers Beyond Fashion – Meryl Warm and Meryl Cool are not the first nanotechnology projects Nylstar has been involved in. Nylgold, a deluxe fiber with anti-aging properties, was for the first time presented in October 2010, in Intertextile Shanghai.
Nylgold was possible because of the close collaboration with Endor Nanotechnologies, a nanomedicine company that develops and manufactures innovative medical applications using inorganic nanoparticles conjugated to selected molecules.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design