The “China International Cotton Textile Conference” and “China International Textile Resources Market Conference 2013”, organized by China National Textile and Apparel Council (CNTAC), was held on June 3 in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, in which cotton supply issue was a hot topic, while current textile industry development was discussed.
Gao Yong, Vice President of CNTAC pointed out that industrial textiles are the sustaining pillars to Chinese textile industry’s development. He said that consumption of fiber for industrial textiles in 2011 already had a 21% share of total fiber consumption in the same year. Therefore, the existing target of reaching 25% by 2015 could be achieved this year.
By 2020, fiber consumption of textile products for industrial uses would probably overtake apparel and home textile products. Industrial textiles will be the main impetus of textile industry development, said Mr Gao. “If taking that as a new direction and growth engine, the future of the entire textile industry is still optimistic,” he said.
According to statistics, between January and April this year, the demand for curtains and nonwoven products had increased rapidly by 25.81% and 12.01% respectively.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design