Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (AD/RBIS), a leading apparel branding solutions provider, will sponsor the WGSN Global Fashion Awards, including offering a new award in support of emerging apparel designers and the successful development of their independent fashion brand.
The “Avery Dennison Emerging Fashion Brand Award” will give the rising talent the opportunity to showcase their work in front of an international jury of 50 prominent fashion designers, opinion leaders and journalists, and also fund €12,000 to help the winners further develop their brand.
To qualify for the awards, brands or designers must have their own independent label, which should be no more than two years old as of June 30, 2013. Entries are welcome from around the world; however, the award is not open to currently enrolled students.
The best submissions will also benefit from being posted on Arts Thread, a creative graduate website which aims to promote new talent on a global scale.
Judges will consider not only the independent designer’s collection branding but also his or her collective brand vision, from the website through to their marketing. The brand with the most coherent and creative vision will win the award.
“Converting hard-earned recognition on the catwalk into building a successful brand is the biggest challenge facing every designer,”says Tim Voegele-Downing, global creative director, Avery Dennison RBIS.“We are looking for a designer who is not only capable of creating an inspired fashion collection, but who also truly understands the importance of product branding and is capable of telling a compelling brand story.”
Lauretta Roberts, WGSN Global Fashion Awards director, says:“Avery Dennison is a leading expert in apparel branding, something that is key to success in modern retail. Together we’re looking for someone we believe has a long future in fashion demonstrated by the vision they have for their brand.”
The Awards take place on October 30, 2013 in London. Entries for the award are now open at www.globalfashionawards.com/categories
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design