Facing slowdown in exports to traditional Western Europe market, which is passing through financial crisis, Nepali handicraft exporters were hunting for new destinations for exports, and have identified Brazil, East Europe, Mexico and Africa as new markets, The Himalayan Times reported.
Having identified the new markets, the Federation of Handicraft Associations of Nepal (FHAN) has sought financial assistance of Np Rs. 7.5 million from the Trade and Export Promotion Centre (TEPC) to analyse the market potential of the new markets and to hold handicraft fairs in those markets, FHAN President Hem Ratna Shakya said.
Meanwhile, the SAARC Secretariat has offered help of Rs. 200 million for developing infrastructure for establishing a development centre for handicraft products and designs, Mr. Sakhya said.
However, the financial assistance would come only after the Cabinet grants its approval to the proposal of setting up the new development centre at the site of Department of Cottage and Small Industries in Tripureshwor.
Mr. Sakhya further said that FHAN has urged the Government to allocate three ropanis of land for developing a well-equipped design centre, a handicraft laboratory and an emporium, and the discussions with the Ministry are heading in a positive direction.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design