Bulgaria, located in Southeastern Europe, is being eyed by Chinese businessmen for setting up their textile manufacturing units, according to a report by Bulgarian newspaper Standart.
The report says several businessmen from Shaoxing city in China have inspected various sites in Burgas, the second-largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast, for construction of a textile factory and a showroom.
The investors from Shaoxing especially showed keenness to rent plots of land at two places – the hi-tech park in Bulgarovo village and the industrial and logistics park in Burgas, the report said.
Burgas mayor Dimiter Nikolov said the city has high potential and it can serve as a big production centre for the Chinese textiles. Moreover, the Chinese textiles could also benefit as the city can serve as a transit centre and a gateway to the whole of Europe for the Chinese textiles.
With a population of around five million, Shaoxing city located in Zhejiang province of China has a highly developed textiles industry, famous for manufacturing of socks, shawls and neckties.
Chinese textile entrepreneurs are currently exploring other countires for relocation of their manufacturing set up in view of the rising labour and production costs in the country.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design